Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year & Busolution






Spelling mistake in the title.

How could I do that? Did not I run a spell check before posting? No it is done purposefully.

Busolution? What the crap? Resolution makes sense. Bullshit and Resolution together make Busolution, my idea. You can have any other, your choice.

Someone asked me what my New Year resolution was.

People start asking, when the year is to begin, “What’s your new year resolution?”  Good to know from others. People planning to do something in the whole year. Seems absurd? No, it is good in some way.  Some plan to do dieting, some become health conscious and decide to do yoga and jogging in the morning. One of my friends wanted to have a 1200x800 resolution. Men... I cannot even imagine what kind of things people list in the list of resolution. Prior to this year I never had a resolution and never wanted to.  

This time I wanted to have one. I decided to have only a bottle of beer for the New Year celebration and after that no drinking for the whole year. And I ended up drinking 3 bottles. End of resolution. When I mentioned this to my friend he said, “Quit Drinking does not come under new year resolution.”

Resolution is just an alibi to do something; if we fail we say we will do it next time. If we are really determined to do something, if we really want to do it, no one is stopping us. Just do it. Or you can go for something that you have not done yet, something that brings significant change in your life.

Like quit a stressful boring job, like I have done. No need for a resolution. It was necessary. All you require is ‘take it easy’ and ‘just do it’ attitude and bit courage (may be termed foolishness or madness).

Make life adventurous instead of moving in a circular motion around a point. Break some boundaries. No need to set a rule that you are going to follow that throughout the year. People go by the protocols they set for themselves and as days go by, it gets same old & boring, thus a deviation from the path. Every week the days repeat themselves. That’s life.

So, be inspired enough to do something. Think, whether you interest is strong enough, that you do not move away from it. However it is a way of self-evaluation.

Kick your resolution in garbage bin not recycle-bin. And do whatever your heart longs for.



1 comment:

Maniparna Sengupta Majumder said...

Love the title ..Bullshit + Resolution..hehe...