Friday, November 12, 2010

Tension with Fun in TCS walk-in


(This is not the exact picture but it can give you a picture because the situation was same as above)
The program was scheduled at 8.00 am in the morning. And the distance of the venue from the place of reference Banshankri was about 15 to 20 kms. I woke up at 5 in the morning as the alarm rang specifying with a bitter noise that it was time for get going.  Cold vile weather and a downpour had made the morning more badly and I had to take bath. I had the cold water in my mind and started shivering. Yet I had to do it.
So the regular works were over and it was time for war. War because I had to walk a kilometer to reach to the bus stop. Then I had to take a bus to the place of reference, and from there if I don’t get a direct bus to the venue then one more bus. I reached the place and there were not more candidates waiting for bus, I thought there would be less competition today. Gradually the number increased. And the bus was not coming, it generally happens, the right bus does not arrive when you need it badly.
What I feared that happened, I and we did not get a direct bus and it was 7am, and we were all dropped by the bus at a place 7 kms away from the venue. There were many strugglers already waiting. Struggler is a synonym for Fresher. And to put an end to our misery a bus came, on the contrary it increased our melancholy. The strugglers were in a stampede to enter in to the bus and with in seconds it was over loaded.
I had to wait for another bus. And the same thing happened as if I was watching the replay.  Time was slipping away from hand. And the 3rd bus came, this time I forced myself into the bus.
It was 8 and there was a 400 meter long line of strugglers from the Admin block of the college to the gate of it.  My distance towards the admin block decreased and the length behind me was still able to manage its consistency. My number was 521 and I stood for two hours to reach to the registration counter.
We were led to seminar hall and there on the screen NDTV news was going on. Some SPS got bail in a molestation case, a ragged student who died two years ago the verdict of the case was there, the just-retired Pak-wicket keeper was addressing a press conference.
My turn came and I went for an online test, it was over at 1 pm and we were instructed to go to the auditorium.  As I came out there was a long snake like line of students waiting to appear the test.  There were those who had already appeared the test and the result was awaited.
We sat in the auditorium and the lights were off. And then there ‘3 idiots’ movie was played. And who would not enjoy such a good movie? Of course we were eager to know the results.  But the movie was on and we were completely into the movie.
The movie was paused and we wondered what the hell now interrupted. Some one entered, he was introduced as the HR of TCS and the announced a few names. They were selected. Rest of us had to wait and the movie continued.  There were a lot of interesting scenes in the movie that led us to laugh together, whistle and make some boisterous noise at times.  Towards the last of the movie there was a long kissing scene and that excited a lot of us. The movie was over. It helped us distract from tension. In a cinema hall the movie is over and the audience leaves the hall, but thus did not happen. The movie was over, but no one left the auditorium, the goal was the same, we all wanted to hear the result.
It started raining heavily.  And that was a bonus for us to be seated where we were. No results.  And ten more names were announced when it was 5pm and the rest could not be evaluated due to some problem, the authority announced. But he assured those who qualify they will be informed.
Who knew the heavy rain would wash away the results also? And the tired, battered strugglers started towards the bus stop and again they were in a fight to get into the bus.

1 comment:

Rinaya said...

Well,about the experience I express my sympathies.And about the blog post..what happened to your grammar?
Well,all the best for the next war..may you emerge victorious!